September 15, 2011

Good things come to those who wait, but better things come to those who work.

One of the biggest goals I can remember from being a younger kid, other than living in Italy someday, has always been to go away to the East Coast for college.  When it came to my senior year of high school I applied to schools all along the East Coast and got in.  But it was the worst time to go away.  I was struggling with a lot of personal and family issues and as much as I wanted it, my family needed me to stay home.  I bitched and moaned, complained and pouted, but I know it was the right decision staying in Hawaii.

I've been re-researching colleges to transfer to and now that I've worked so hard on my own and helped to heal some of the issues, I feel like now is the right time for me to go away.  I was raised to be independent and naturally am so by nature, so I know I'll thrive.  I'm so excited to get started with this new part of my life.  Working my ass off will be worth it and now I know I'm really ready for this to all really happen.

No comments: